CHRONIC CARE MANAGEMENT –
HEALTH CARE AND SERVICE PROVIDER TRAINING
Chronic care management training is provided by FHS for healthcare and other service providers that helps equip them with evidence-based skills to reat and care for patients with chronic disease conditions like diabetes, hypertension, cardiovasculare disease, and depression. Training is geared toward clinical staff such as physician,s physician assistants, nurse practictioners, nurses, medical assistants, and care coordinators.
Provider Training Topics
- Pharmacist roles in comprehensive medication management for chronic disease
- Core nutrition and exercise changes for weightloss in diabetes
- Improving medication adherence
- Initiating and understanding insulin
- Diabetes medication education
- Introducing Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) to your practice
- RPM for hypertension
- RPM for blood glucose management
- Gestational diabetes
DCPCA has partners with Vivian N. Ayuk, PharmD, CDE and Flexcare Health Solutions to develop and deliver customized training to our member health centers in order to help bridge the gap between the clinical and self-management aspects of care and address key topics for chronic disease management.
Over the past year, Dr. Ayuk has carried out numerous relevant and meaningful training tops which include Patient Engagement and Medication Adherence, Diabetes Medication Management, Understanding Diabetes Complications, and Gestational Diabetes. She has done an outstanding job in engaging health centers staff and providing a didactic and experiential learning environment.